Updated January 12, 2017
Thank you for considering a massage business in the City of Simi Valley. This page will provide you with the necessary application forms and information to begin that process.
The rules and regulations for all aspects of Massage (SVMC Chapter 5-15) were last updated December 5, 2016, and can be found here in Ordinance No. 1263.
Massage practitioner business owners and professionals working as employees (W-2 style traditional employees only) receiving a pay stub and working directly for an existing licensed Massage Establishment of Off-Premises Massage Business may register with the City of Simi Valley at any time, but must do so within 10 days of hire. Please complete the below registration form, bring supporting materials [W-4 form, letter of hire, CAMTC card, ID Card, and 2” photos] to the Customer Services counter at City Hall. No permit or other materials are required.
ON-GOING BUSINESS OWNERS EMPLOYEE LIST UPDATES:
All business owners are required to notify the City of new employees/independent contractors within 10 days of hire or separation. The following form should be completed and submitted to the Customer Services Department as an update to your application/permit.
MASSAGE ESTABLISHMENT PERMITS:
New Massage Establishments or new owners of existing Massage Establishments must submit massage a Massage Owner Application package for review and approval. This review can take as much as 60-days. Owners who are not California Massage Therapy Council licensed professionals will require a background review and LiveScan as a part of the packet. Please complete all necessary information and return the package and fees to the Customer Services counter for processing. You will be notified by mail upon approval of the application. New owner/applicants may not take over the operation of the facility until approved by the City.
• Massage Business Permit Owner Application Packet
• Business Tax Certificate
• Massage Business Permit Application
• Massage Disclosure and Acknowledgement
• Massage Property Owner Acknowledgement
• Massage Business Employee List
• Massage Live Scan Locations
• Massage Sample LiveScan Submission Form
• Massage Permit Background Check Instructions
• Massage Certified Background Firms
• Massage Background Check Submittal Form
• Massage Establishment Sample Floor Plan
• Massage Establishment Inspection Form
OFF-PREMISES MASSAGE BUSINESS PERMITS:
An Off-premises Massage Business Permit is required for any commercial or home-based office providing off-premises (out-call) massage services, including sole practitioners/independent contractors. Independent Massage Professionals are business owners. Please review and complete the Massage Business Permit Owner Application Packet and applicable portions of the Application listed above for Massage Establishments.
All Massage Permits and Practitioner I.D. cards are good for two years from the date of issuance. Renewal is required 60-days prior to expiration. Please review the current regulations, review and complete the applicable forms below, and submit them in-person to the Customer Services Counter at City Hall.
- Renewal Application Information for Massage Establishments and Off-premises Businesses
- Renewal Application for Massage Businesses
- Renewal Application for Massage Practitioner Identification Cards