2929 Tapo Canyon Road
Simi Valley, CA 93063
The Simi Valley City Clerk’s Office is an authorized United States Passport Acceptance Facility. The Passport Services Office is located at Simi Valley City Hall, 2929 Tapo Canyon Road.
Effective April 6, 2015, the City's passport hours have changed. Services are offered by appointment only on Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. We regret that we cannot accommodate walk-in application processing.
Please note that the Simi Valley Post Office discontinued passport acceptance services effective February 2014, and therefore appointments at the City of Simi Valley are presently booked approximately ten weeks in advance. Please note that it takes four to six weeks under routine processing to receive passports following acceptance of your application, or three weeks under expedited processing. Please visit www.travel.state.gov to locate additional acceptance facilities and for up-to-date processing times should your travel plans require more immediate passport processing.
Please call (805) 583-6066 to make an appointment at the City or to ask any questions about Passport Services.
The Passport Services Office offers the following information and services:
First-Time Applications Required Documents
- Passport Cards
- Expedited Processing
Lost or Stolen Passport Information Other Passport Information
All applicants for passports must appear in person, regardless of age. Applicants age 15 and under must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians, unless a notarized Statement of Consent (DS-3053 Form) or Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances (DS-5525 Form) is submitted. Applicants between the ages of 16 and 17 must have proof of identity (valid driver license or government identification card) and a check written by the parent for the passport fees to the U.S. Department of State, or be accompanied by at least one parent with valid proof of identity.
- Unsigned Application for Passport (DS-11 Application Form)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship, one of the following:
- Black and white photocopy of U.S. Citizenship evidence
- Original AND a photocopy (front and back sides) of a proof of identity (valid driver license, government identification card, or passport) must be submitted with your passport application
- One recent passport photo (2”x2”) showing full frontal face, on a white or off-white background
- Application fees
There are two fees due:
- The Passport Application Fee is payable to the “U.S. Department of State” in the amount of $110.00 per person for applicants age 16 and over, or $80.00 per person for applicants under age 16. The Application Fee must be paid by check or money order.
- The Acceptance Agent’s Fee is payable to the “City of Simi Valley” in the amount of $25.00 per application. This fee may be paid by check, cash, or Visa/Mastercard/Discover.
Passport Cards:A Passport Card may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. Passport Cards may not be used to travel by air. Travelers have the option of applying for a Passport Book, a Passport Card, or both on the DS-11 Application Form for new applications or the DS-82 Application Form for self-renewal. A person who qualifies and chooses to renew by mail may also elect to replace their Passport Book with a Passport Card by following the instructions on the DS-82 Application Form and paying the appropriate fee.
First-Time Applicant Fees:
- The Passport Card Application Fee is payable to the “U.S. Department of State” in the amount of $30.00 for adults and $15.00 for children under age 16.
- The Acceptance Agent Fee is payable to the “City of Simi Valley” in the amount of $25.00 per application.
Passport Renewals:If you are eligible to renew by mail, please visit the U.S. Department of State website for applications and instructions and use the DS-82 Application Form. If you are not eligible to renew by mail or if you prefer not to renew by mail, you must go through the same process as
Expedited Processing:With standard processing, you can expect to receive your passport within four to six weeks of applying, but processing times are subject to change. Please check the State Department website for current estimated processing times. With expedited processing, you can expect to receive your passport within three weeks of applying. The fee for expedited processing is an additional $60.00 per application, plus a $20.66 fee if you request express mail return service (optional, but recommended action).
If you are traveling within the next three weeks, the Simi Valley Passport Services Office may not be able to assist you. You must make an appointment with the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778. The closest Federal Building is located at 11000 Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles. You will need to present documentation of your upcoming travel. Ask the National Passport Information Center for all necessary requirements when you call for an appointment.
Lost or Stolen Passports:Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport (DS-64 Form) to the State Department. If your passport has been lost or stolen, you are not eligible to renew by mail. You will need to appear in person.
Other Passport Information:
More detailed information about passport services and requirements are located at the U.S. Department of State website, including the current application processing times and a search for other local passport application facilities.